The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing day to day professional desktop support to Akeela personnel. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following: Perform routine desktop hardware and software testing, configuration, and installation. Deliver desktop-related training. Perform routine maintenance related to all desktop hardware and software.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2010/365, and other desktop software.
- Setup and troubleshooting of multi-function printers.
- Perform routine audits of desktop systems and software.
- Basic Network Support (DHCP, DNS)
- Add, remove, or update user account information and resetting passwords with AD and Exchange
- Troubleshooting desktop related issues such as virus infection, corrupt files, and network connection problems with minimum support
- Work with the IT Director to resolve issues with the IP Phone system, Network communication issues and connections to Office 365 servers.
- Recommend changes to improve desktop configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Research new technology and recommend its implementation.
- Participate in cross training with all IT staff.
- Assist in organizing and hosting individual and group software training for Akeela staff.
- Assist Network Administrator or the IT Director with IT projects throughout the Akeela organization.
- Document in Akeela’s ticketing system the steps used to fix issues and document all work that you perform.
- Keep IT storage and equipment room clean and organized with an updated Inventory list available.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent and one to two years of experience as a Desktop Support Technician.
- A+ or Network+ Certification required or ability to obtain A+ or Network+ certification within 90 days.
- Experience using Active Directory helpful.
- Requires knowledge of installing and configuring MS Operating systems and applications.
- Requires a general knowledge of computer hardware.
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite and be able to provide end user support for the suite of applications. Primarily MS Outlook.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license, have reliable transportation and occasional travel out of town.
- Demonstrates capacity for organization and prioritization in a dynamically changing environment.
- Available to work weekends or evenings to complete projects and upgrades or be “on-call” to handle computing emergencies.
- Flexible and creative problem solver.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to offer excellent customer service and have a friendly and understanding demeanor.
- Familiar and confident in working with SQL databases with critical information. Not required, but helpful
- Familiar with working in a virtualized environment