Apply for this position (new Akeela employee)
Apply for this position (current Akeela employee)
The Medical Billing Technician, in coordination with and under the immediate direction of the Medical Billing Manager, is responsible for medical billing of professional services provided by Akeela staff and contractors.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Preparing and Processing Claims
o Preparing Client Record and Activities
o Preparing Claims for Processing
o Processing Claims and Payments
• Involvement in Representing Department Communications with Regards to Staff and Clients
• Maintenance of Service Authorizations
• Managing Client Accounts
• Management of Supporting Documentation
• Compiling Monthly Numbers for GL Entry
• Understanding and Applying Current Required State Regulations in Reference to Akeela Services
• Understanding the overall general functions of the EHR
• Assist in annual agency audit preparation
• Participate in appropriate meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Skills-Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education & Experience:
• Must have the ability to learn new software programs
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to follow through to completion by written desk procedures and verbal instructions
• Must be able to ask questions for clarification of processes.
• Must possess computer skills to perform specific duties and essential functions listed above
• Acceptable written and verbal communication skills, and be able to use those skills in effective communication with other employees, clients and vendors.
• Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions in an efficient manner.
• Self-motivated, strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Willingness to take on full responsibility of job duties listed above.
• Ability to work as a team member of the Finance Department.
• Ability to adhere to established work schedule.
• Must be willing to pass pre-employment test
• Ability to physically tolerate sedentary job, and work with computers and other equipment for several hours per day.
Education and Work Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Medical Billing Experience Preferred
• Must be PC literate to include keyboarding and 10-key by touch, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet research
• Operational knowledge of office equipment copiers, scanners, fax machines, postage machine, etc.
• Must have a personal vehicle and valid Alaska Driver’s License and Auto Insurance coverage.