Assist Program Manager in the daily organization of schedules, data collection, policy and procedure along with information distribution as clerical support.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Greet and assist visitors and clients, both personally and tel-phonically, and direct the individual or call to the Program Manager.
- Keep records of daily operations pertaining to client care.
- Announce medication calls and document client’s self-administration of medications.
- Prepare monthly program reports for review by Program Manager.
- Prepare and maintain all computerized client data base for archived clients following agency confidentiality policies and procedures.
- In the absence or unavailability of counseling staff, provide information and referral upon request to telephone callers and walk-in clients.
- Provide clerical support to program staff and assist with audits as needed.
- Record statistical data and prepare reports to meet agency standards such as emergency preparedness and drills.
- Assist potential new clients with the admissions process, prepare completed application materials for review by the intake coordinator and program manager.
- Prepare finance requests on a regular basis for Program Managers approval.
- Be a liaison between the program and community resources and referrals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills-Any Equivalent Combination Of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education & Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years or more years of receptionist and/or clerical experience required.
- Experience with professional office procedures and filing systems required.
- Demonstrated organizational and self-starter skills. Ability to meet time deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to follow Akeela’s Confidentiality Policy and Procedure.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with IBM compatible computers and Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and database software.
- Ability to work with a variety of office equipment, including, but not limited to, copiers, postage machines, computers, and printers.
- Ability to work with individuals and families from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to deal with hostile or distraught clients of all age levels and with their family members.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Physical Demands And Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit, to reach with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; to occasionally stand and climb stairs, walk; to seldom bend, push, pull, and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.