The Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day clinical management, clinical records and coordination of clinical programs identified for the specific position. The responsibilities also include assistance with grant development, grant administration, and grant reporting.
REPORTS TO: Regional Clinical Director- South-Central Alaska
Responsible for following Specific Program(s):
- Stepping Stones
- Adult Mental Health at Stepping Stones
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
- Recruiting and supervising a variety of staff that may include clinicians/counselors, case managers, behavioral health associates, and program assistants including conducting performance reviews of those reporting directly to this position and conducting staff meetings.
- Understanding the requirements to which Akeela must adhere as outlined by Medicaid, Joint Commission, funding sources, HIPAA, and State regulations.
- Manage an operating budget for each clinical program and how to assure adherence to those budgets.
- Ensure direct services maintain “evidence based best practice standards”.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education/training/certification: Meets the following requirements for degree:
- For Mental Health Programs: Advanced degree in related field.
- For Substance Abuse Programs: Related field degree or Chemical Dependency Certification (CDC), or, based on experience, agreement to obtain CDC within six months.
- Experience: Five years minimum experience providing clinical services in a behavioral health setting. Prefer experience with Co-Occurring Disorders;
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical Demands: Limited general office environment demands including occasionally lifting light weight and ability to use a computer.
- Work Environment: Prevalent weather conditions and moderate noise levels.
- Knowledge of the DSM-5 and the ASAM
- An understanding of the processes involved with providing residential treatment and case management services
- Knowledge the various levels of care as defined by ASAM criteria
- Understanding cognitive-behavioral approaches for clients with criminal backgrounds.
- A thorough understanding of substance use disorder treatment approaches
- Understanding of child development and child development issues
- Overseeing and ensuring proper handling of client belongings, including client medications and money.
- Assist the Floor Counselor in the supervision of the Client Monitors
Additional Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience supervising substance abuse services within correctional centers preferred.
- Experience providing & supervising outpatient and residential substance abuse services preferred.
- Experience with providing at least programmatic and operational supervision to mental health services preferred.
- Program Assistant
- Floor Counselor
- Case Manager
- Substance Use Disorder Assessment Counselor and/or Lead Counselor (2)
- Mental Health Clinician
- Child Care Manager/Supervisor